Paris Fashion Week is in full swing and all you see is people wearing BLACK! Sure, there are a few that dare to wear colorful outfits but the majority will look like they are on their way to a funeral. I get it, black is a very easy color to wear that you can match easily. But, and this is a big BUT: black is a HEAVY color! It’s also a color that is not always flattering for some people to wear “too close to the face” since it will make you look older. Dare to wear colors folks!
I’m back in Paris after spending a few days in Milan for work during Milan Fashion Week and I had a blast! VSP presented next years SS collection at the White Milano fashion trade show and my brain is overloaded with style inspirations. I discovered so many brands I did know before and I got home feeling that I needed to update my wardrobe ASAP.
The majority of people visiting the White show was italian women and I was blow away by their style. Mama mia these ladies knows how to dress! So classy, sexy and edgy with a big dose of confidens, yaaasss! Wish I had time to stalk them and take pictures but at the end of the day, I was so tired and could only focus on carbs and gelato…
Just started following a cool french duo called THTF, short for Two Hands, Ten Fingers. Like!
The new PEACE by VSP AW15 collection is everything you need this season! I’m crushing hard on this shearling jacket in burgundy and what do you guys think? Shall I go for it?
Ok, so I am pissed at everyone living in Paris for NOT telling me about this restaurant before! You all know that I love to eat and why would you not share this kind of information? Here I am, thinking life is great but I did not know about “Flesh”, aka the best BBQ spot in town. But I do forgive you considering that I would have an ass twice my size if I went here as often as my cravings.
Picture from here.
- Tell us a little bit about. Who are you?I’m OKOK, abstract painter from Stockholm, Sweden. Painting at least 8 hours per day, to try to expand my visual Universe of shapes and forms.
- How / why did you start creating? I’ve been painting since young enough to hold crayons. I guess it’s in me. I need to create. If I’m not painting, snapping pictures, making movies, writing jokes and poetry or expressing myself in some way, I don’t feel good – my whole body feels electric and it gets hard for me to sleep and handle my life in general. Being creative is the reason I was given a life on this Quality through quantity planet.
- How would you describe your art? (In three words?) Quality through quantity.
- What does your art stand for? What message would you like to give with your art?There’s not really a message in my art. There’s more of a message in me being an artist. I want to spread good energy. I want to inspire others to think big. I want to inspire people to believe in themselves and follow their hearts. I want to inspire people to treat other humans, animals, plants and things with love.
- If you only had one last time to create, what would you do/tell the world?I would travel the world and put my name up on as many walls as possible.
- How did this concept of « line artwork » came in your mind, is there a story behind it ?Not really, I just landed in the world of lines when I spent a month using the lobby of Nordic Light Hotel in Stockholm as my studio. Working 10-12 hours per day, creating a few hundred pieces of art, using different techniques, I ended up falling in love with lines and the different ways of combining them.
- What artist (s) inspires you? Lil Wayne.
- How long does it usually take to draw a piece ? It all depends on the size of the piece. My smallest pieces 4×4 centimeters might take 20-30 minutes to make. The biggest pieces might take 10-12 hours.
- What are you expecting and looking forward to for the exhibition in Paris? It feels amazing that people around the world like what I do enough to book me for exhibitions. I’ve exhibited my art in New York, Kyoto, Osaka and now Paris and being able to visit Paris, where I’ve never been before, is a reward in itself. I’m looking forward to croissants for breakfast. Especially with chocolate in them.
- What would you do if you were not painting?Make movies, take pictures or build robots that would paint for me.
- What are you up to next? I will exhibit my art at a showroom in Stockholm in October. I will paint a leather jacket with Swedish based fashion brand Erro. I will release 6 sets of hand painted tables and chairs with Swedish based furniture company Givarps. I will travel to India to find a beach where there’s a restaurant where I can sit for hours and paint, while swimming in the ocean now and then.
- Is Paris inspiring for you ? If so, why ? Don’t know yet, but probably yes. I’ve never been there, but since traveling inspires me in general, it would be very surprising if Paris did not inspire me. I’m really looking forward to get to see some Paris graffiti bombing and spend my one year anniversary with my girlfriend there after the exhibition.
At this time six years ago my parents wanted to kill me. I told them that I was going to move to Paris and when they asked me what I would do for a living, I just told them that I would figure it out. Not a very satisfying answer for them but a very exciting thought for me. This might sound strange but I was never afraid of fucking things up! Plan B would be to move back home so I had absolutely nothing to lose. And that motivated me to dive head first. As expected, I did hit my head several times and asked myself if I was completely crazy? The answer was always YES! These years in Paris have been everything I could ever dream of and I must say that I did not know that me, myself and I would make such a great team. Excited for what’s next!
September in Paris means creativity in all it forms! There are so many interesting fashion/design events taking place during this month and I wish I had more time to see it all! Who said 24h/day is enough?
- Paris Design Week
- Le dressing de reve de parisiens – Fashion expo
- Vogue Fashion Night Out
- Paris Fashion Week